Working with a nutritional counselor can help provide you with the education you require to begin changing your habits and making better choices. By making small changes, the impact can be substantial in a wide variety of ways. Nutritional counseling Chicago IL enjoys can help by providing you with the support and coaching you are in need of when it comes to your lifestyle. Clients notice significant changes in their energy levels, mood, weight, skin and overall health by obtaining our services. It can feel daunting to consider making a change, but, by working with us, you will begin to see the impact a healthy lifestyle can have on your overall health.
Benefits to Nutritional Counseling
Nutritional counseling is a helpful way for people to being receiving the education they require when it comes to making healthy food and lifestyle choices. Working with an expert who has the appropriate credentials and experience to counsel you can be beneficial. They will be able to help you make dietary changes that are based on your body type and lifestyle. There are a number of benefits to accessing nutritional counseling:
- Learn important components to living a healthier lifestyle. Nutrition and weight loss isn’t just about going on a diet; it’s about making a lifestyle change.
- We can help draw up a fitness plan that incorporates both diet and exercise.
- We can tailor a plan to meet your needs based on your lifestyle and fitness ability.
- We can provide you with education and counseling regarding healthy foods to incorporate into your diet.
- We can discuss unhealthy patterns people often fall into and may even dig deeper to address the dangerous path of using food for comfort.
Easy, Healthy Food Swaps
Nutrition doesn’t have to be a complete overhaul all at once. There are small changes you can make overtime that will make a huge difference when it comes to your health. The following are small substitutions that can make all the difference when it comes to your nutrition:
- Add more fruits and vegetables to your dinner plate.
- Avoid drinking things that have high amounts of sugar in them.
- Swap your carbs. Choose healthier carbs such as quinoa and brown rice in lieu of breads and pastas.
- Opt for lean proteins.
- Incorporate healthy fats into your diet.
- Eat small meals on schedule.
- Avoid the center aisles at the grocery store. These areas are often filled with over processed foods that are packed with unwanted ingredients. Stick to the sections that surround it: produce, meat and dairy.
Poor Food Choices Disguised as Healthy Options
What a number of people do not realize are the number of food options on the market today that are disguised as healthy options. Over processed foods may taste good and make promises of low calories or have labels that appear attractive to your lifestyle change. However, this is truly a farce. Although choosing a gluten-free, vegan or dairy free option may seem like a good idea, in theory it really only works when you are sticking to whole foods that have had a life, not been manufactured. Here are common foods that people often mistaken for healthy options:
- Energy Bars
- Diet Beverages
- Food that claims to be “sugar free”
- Trail Mix
- Low Fat Options
- Gluten Free Options
Essentially, there are a number of food options on the market that may appear to be healthy. The reality is, they are packed with extra sugar and additives that are not the best choice.
The above are just a few tips that can lead you on the path to making better choices when it comes to nutrition. Although your intentions may be good, you may be eating foods that are seriously lacking in nutritional value. Allow for our nutritional counselors to work with you towards better and healthier nutritional options. We can help you to improve your overall nutritional health by making small changes each day.
Thanks to our friends and contributors from WholeHealth Chicago for their insight into nutrition.