If you are are looking for a wedding venue Glendale, CA trusts, you may want to contact Metropol. We offer two wedding reception banquet halls and each can give you an entirely different experience. We have a passion for helping couples enjoy the wedding of their dreams.
Tips for Choosing a Wedding Venue
Choosing a wedding venue in Glendale, CA is one of the most important parts of planning a wedding. There are so many wedding venues out there to pick from that it can be overwhelming. Here are a few tips for booking the right wedding venue:
Create a Guest List Beforehand
Before you book a wedding venue in Glendale, CA, it’s important to know approximately how many guests you will host. Whether you plan to have 50 or 300 guests at your wedding, you must find out if a wedding venue can accommodate that many people. The last thing you would want to happen is that your venue does not have a large enough room to accommodate your friends and family. Metropol offers banquet halls of varying sizes to match the needs of most events.
Keep Your Budget in Mind
Staying on budget is crucial when shopping around for a wedding venue Glendale, CA couples prefer for their nuptials. In addition to renting the space, you may also be charged for catering services, decorating, and other expenses. Add up all of these costs before you book the venue. At Metropol, we work with wedding parties to accommodate their budget as much as possible.
Think About Your Guests’ Experience
It’s important to consider your guests’ experience when looking for a wedding venue Glendale, CA relies on. Keep comfort and convenience in mind. For example, if you are inviting a lot of out-of-town guests, you may want to think about choosing a wedding venue that’s near a hotel that has rooms available during your timeframe.
Visit a Venue More Than Once
When you’ve narrowed down your list of venue options to two or three venues, visit them once more. Ask yourself if they still have the same charm as your first impression and if they fulfill your requirements. You may discover that the wedding venue you loved at first doesn’t fit your needs quite as well the second time around.
Choose the Right Wedding Date
It’s a good idea to be flexible when choosing a wedding date. You might dream of have your wedding on a certain day of the week during a specific month, but weather or venue availability could be challenges. Plan ahead and don’t make any announcements until you have dates locked down.
Consider Your Wedding Style
When searching for a Glendale wedding venue, ask if they provide in-house vendors and if charges for those services are inclusive or not. You may also want to find out if they allow you to bring in external vendors. Our staff at Metropol can fulfill many of the services you may need and we also have a network of vendors on call. We’re always happy to provide recommendations on request.
Consider Your Wedding Style
It’s important to think about your wedding style before booking a wedding venue Glendale, CA couples depend on. You definitely want the venue to match your wedding’s style. If your floral arrangements clash with the venue’s decor, it may not be as appealing as you had hoped.
A Wedding Venue in Glendale, California Discusses Tasks that Are Often Forgotten by Wedding Planners
A lot happens before a wedding which also makes it easy to forget little things and even important tasks. Whether you are the bride or groom to be, parents of the bride or groom, or a wedding planner, we’ve compiled a comprehensive checklist of pre-wedding day tasks. This will make working with a Glendale, CA wedding venue that much simpler.
There’s much more printed material than invites and thank you cards. You might also want to make sure you print out:
- Save the date cards
- Bridal shower invites and thank you cards
- Rehearsal dinner invitations
- Place cards
- Wedding favor tags
- Thank you cards
As the core element of a wedding, the reception is the celebration of the bride and groom. Make sure you remember these things:
- Table decor and centerpieces
- Chair covers and table cloths
- Music (i.e. live musicians or a dj)
- Cake and gift table
- Wedding favors
- Table plans and place cards
- Photo Booth
Flowers and Decor
Apart from bride and grooms flowers, don’t forget about these other pretty petals:
- Bridesmaid flowers
- Corsages and posies for the wedding party and mother of the bride
- Flower arrangements for the ceremony and reception
- Flowers for the exterior of the venue
- Flower disposal (i.e. to press or frame fresh flowers)
- Bouquet to throw (i.e. if the bride doesn’t want to throw hers)
- Table centerpiece flowers
The photos are a very important part of a wedding, and you want to make sure you know the Glendale, CA wedding venue beforehand. While you most likely won’t forget about them, there are a few things to consider:
- The location and time for pictures (i.e. ideally near the reception venue)
- Whether or not you want video
- Any props or keepsakes to be used in the photos
Food and Beverages
Food and beverages will be a big part of the wedding. It has to be perfect. Make sure you cover:
- Meal options and dietary preferences
- Whether you will offer an open bar, cash bar, or signature drinks
- Plated meals, buffets, or passed dishes on every table
You might have everything about your wedding planned, except how will you get to and from the ceremony and reception venue. Once you plan out your transportation, you’ll be on your way to a great start to a perfect wedding day. For more transportation ideas, contact Metropol now.
- Bridal and bridesmaid car
- Bridal car–for you and your dad, then you and your hubby
- Groom car
- Honeymoon car (i.e. could be the same car as the bride or groom car)
- Transportation for guests without a car
- Directions to the ceremony and reception venue
Why Choose a Wedding Venue in Glendale, California Over a Backyard Affair?
Executing your vision can be hard, especially when it comes to your own wedding. You will want everything to be perfect, down to the very last detail. One of the first steps in planning your wedding is determining the budget and type of wedding you and your fiance would like to have. Metropol can attest to the number of benefits you may have if you choose a specific Glendale, CA wedding venue to cater to all of your wedding needs. Although a backyard wedding may seem like an attractive and less expensive option, in the end, there can be a number of hidden costs, and work for that matter.
Finding the Right Wedding Venue in Glendale, CA
Before you start searching for a wedding venue, newly engaged couples should first determine the type of setting they would like to have their wedding in. This may be one of the most important yet most difficult decisions you will make. Searching for a wedding venue can be time consuming. Make sure that you keep the following considerations in mind when searching for the perfect space:
- The capacity of the venue
- The cost to rent the space and what it includes
- The layout of the space
- Do you have to choose from a list of vendors provided by them?
- Are their restrictions or rules that you should consider?
- Is the space available for your wedding?
The wedding venue is one of the most important components to your wedding. Not only does it set the tone for your big day, you will remember the place you got married for the rest of your life. Metropol can supply you with experienced staff who can provide you with a customized experienced based on your vision of the big day.
Hidden Work in a DIY Backyard Wedding
Many dream of having a backyard wedding to celebrate their marriage. Although this can seem like a less expensive option, there can be a number of hidden costs and work in doing so. This may leave you and those helping with the wedding to feel incredibly stressed and overwhelmed. Throwing a wedding in your backyard may seem like a less expensive option, but without a staff of people that may be provided by a Glendale, CA wedding venue, a backyard wedding can be tough to pull off:
- You will have to rent everything needed to have your wedding, tables, chairs, tenting, and dance floors to name a few. Things that may have been provided were to rent a venue will need to be coordinated on your own.
- You will not have venue staff to coordinate and put together your vision.
- In the event of inclement weather, you may have difficulty accommodating a large wedding if it’s held in the backyard. A number of wedding venues may be able to provide you with alternative options.
- The day of will be a lot of work for you. You will need to ensure that everything is managed and set up in the way you would like it. In most cases, you may be doing much of this work on your own.
Although there may be a number of cons to a backyard wedding, it doesn’t mean that it’s not a viable option for some people. Weddings can be a lot of work, especially when you choose to do most of it yourself. A Glendale, CA wedding venue can provide you with full service when it comes to planning your wedding. Wedding venue staff gives you the luxury of relaxing rather than worrying over wedding set up on the day of your wedding.
Our staff at Metropol have the experience and creativity to put together your dream wedding. When looking at a blank space, it many feel completely overwhelming, regardless of the perks or beautiful ambiance. Our staff can help to bring your dream to life in a way that leaves you fondly thinking back on the beauty of your wedding day for years to come.
If you have questions or concerns about choosing a wedding venue Glendale, CA offers, contact us at Metropol; we’ll be happy to help you.