Every event can benefit from the right music, and at Metropol Banquet, we offer the highest quality sound system available. We understand that a poor quality or faulty sound can ruin the entire event.
At Metropol, you can even match the music with our state-of-the-art LED lighting system for extra special effects and mood enhancement.
Many of our clients often wonder what’s best: hiring a DJ, booking a band, or simply utilizing their own playlist. As far as choosing the best music source for your special occasion, here are some tips that you may find helpful.
Live, DJ, Or Pre-Recorded Music?
Live Band Pros:
- A live band with our state-of-the-art sound system at Metropol is a fantastic combination.
- Many believe that a live band can increase the energy level of those who attend the event.
- Your event attendees can interact with the band and request songs.
Live Band Cons:
- A live band can cost more than pre-recorded music or a DJ.
- Band members will need to take breaks throughout the evening, and during those times you will either have to substitute with pre-recorded music or have silence.
- Depending on the experience level of the band, they may not have a large enough repertoire to play songs throughout the evening without repeating some of them.
- The band may not be experienced with playing the type of music you wish to hear during your event.
- A DJ can interact with the crowd and respond to song requests if they have that music with them in their library.
- As with a band, a DJ can increase the energy level of those who attend the event.
- Our state-of-the-art sound system at Metropol can showcase the music the DJ plays.
- As with a band, the DJ will need to take breaks throughout the evening and during those times you will either have to substitute with pre-recorded music or have silence.
- A DJ will cost more than pre-recorded music.
- A DJ may not have the type of music you wish to hear during your event.
Pre-Recorded Music Pros:
- Pre-recorded music (a playlist) will cost less than a DJ or a live band.
- Our state-of-the-art sound system at Metropol will maximize the quality of your pre-recorded music.
- You can choose the music to perfectly match the nature of your event, and even customize the songs to reflect special memories.
Pre-Recorded Music Cons:
- Pre-recorded music may not generate the same level of energy as a live band or a DJ.
- You or a friend or family member will have to prepare the pre-recorded music in advance of the event.
- Choosing the music can be time-consuming.
- You or a friend or family member will have to monitor the music during the event to start and stop the music or address any issues you encounter.
Hopefully this list has helped you make a decision on what music source will be best for your event. Keep in mind that Metropol is able to accommodate any method of your choosing for your music. All of our event spaces in Los Angeles have entertainment stages. Contact us at Metropol to learn how we can help you make your event even more special!